Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fabolous Brushes Off Jim Jones' Feud

Fabolous has brushed off his escalating war-of-words with Jim Jones on Twitter.com - insisting his rap rival was joking when he told the Trade It All hit-maker to "play dead".


Jones first took aim at his rap rival following the debut of Fabolous' Body Ya music video, accusing him of being unoriginal. He wrote: "I just seen another rapper's video that look just like my chain gang n scarf. Damn, I'm sonnin (something) these n**gaz. I guess my style might body ya. Lol."


Fabolous responded by bashing Jones' mixtape, The Ghost of Rich Porter. He wrote: "iJustWannaKnoWhy the competition won't stay Dead. Maybe I should (release) a new mixtape call (sic) TiNc3 - Ghost of the Competition." The post prompted Jones to 'tweet' "Pow pow, play dead" on the rapper's page - worrying fans the feud was turning violent.


However, Fabolous insists the online fight won't escalate. He tells MTV News, "I don't know where his comment came from. I joked around with it too. It was kinda subliminal."


"I think it's definitely competition. But you can say things - it gets taken out of context whether you meant it as a joke or not. It could have been his opinion, but it still was thrown the way he threw it. It could have been taken in the context of you taking a shot at somebody. But I had fun with it, I made some jokes. That's it. I'm not looking at it as I got a really big problem or East Coast/West Coast beef. I cracked a couple of jokes about it. I'm not making a dis record about it... Twitter dissing isn't important."

No comments:

Post a Comment